28 January 2021
Writing press releases for IBEC
In 2019, we started writing press releases and news pieces for the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC).
IBEC is a multidisciplinary institute that conducts cutting-edge biomedical research with the goal of producing new technologies for use in health and life sciences. It has 22 distinct research groups which investigate a wide variety of topics, including smart nano-bio devices, neurobiotechnology, and nanomalaria.
IBEC publishes dozens of high-impact scientific articles each year. At Ubik, our role is to produce a high-quality press release based on the final version of the article. In addition, we conduct interviews with the lead researchers to learn more about the wider context of the study and collect quotes to use in the piece.
We strive to present IBEC’s research news in a way that is clear, concise and accessible to a range of audiences, while maintaining the institute’s scientific rigor.
Here are some examples of the press releases and news pieces that we have produced for them:
- Researchers develop enzyme-powered micromotors based on metal-organic porous materials
- An international study co-led by IBEC identifies the genes that protect against kidney diseases
- Researchers discover a mechanism to cross the protective barrier of the brain
- Unlocking the potential of human organoids through bioengineering
- Range selectivity, a new concept that could lead to more efficient nanoparticle drug delivery